At UCAS, we are committed to protecting the personal information that you provide to us, and recognise the importance of being clear about how we intend to use it. All personal information provided by you through this website will be under the control of UCAS Media, acting as Data Controllers in common and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). This Policy may refer to UCAS Media as “we”. Our registered office is Rosehill, New Barn Lane, Cheltenham GL52 3LZ.
To navigate either scroll down or click on a topic below
- Some terms explained
- How we may collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information and what we may collect
- Who your personal information may be shared with
- What is an IP address?
- All about cookies
- Other websites you can access from this one
- Sharing information through social media
- All about marketing and how to stop it
- To ask us to access your personal information, change, delete or stop using it
- How to contact us
Some terms explained
Below are explanations of some of the privacy and company terms you may read in this Policy.
- Personal information is information – alone or combined with other information – that may identify you. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymised so that it does not allow you to be identified.
- Data controller is an organisation or person who on their own, or jointly with another organisation or person, is responsible under the DPA for your personal data. UCAS and UCAS Media Limited will both be acting as data controllers when you use this website.
- UCAS Media.
- UCAS is an abbreviation for Universities and Colleges Admissions Service.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address can uniquely identify a computer or network device on the internet. If this device can only be used by you, this can sometimes become your personal information.
- A cookie is a text file or pixel tag which when placed on your computer will provide anonymised statistical data about website browsing actions.
- Website refers to our website addresses: www.ucasmedia.com
How we may collect your personal information
When you visit our website we may ask you for personal information to allow us to contact you to deal with your request or enquiry. This includes:
- Where you complete any of the input areas within the website, such as providing you name and contact details, including any information you may choose to provide by typing into the free text message box.
- Corresponding with you in ways you would expect, including by phone, letter, email or SMS.
- If we engage with each other through social media, information contained in your posts or blogs, comments, likes, voting, web chat or private messaging functions from any of the social media links available to you within this website.
How we may use your personal information and what we collect
- If you enter your details to request further information; your name and contact details and any information you choose to provide us with in the subject or free text box so we can correspond with you about your enquiry.
- If you “contact us” in the ways we provide; any relevant personal information you may provide.
- When you access our website, your IP address if you are the only person who has access to your computer or device and it can identify you.
- If you are happy to be kept informed because you have expressed an interest through submitting an enquiry and requested information; your name and preferred contact details. For more information out marketing, please read the all about marketing section below.
- If we to ask your opinion about our products or services your preferred contact details and you are happy to receive marketing. If we invite you to participate in surveys whilst your views will be welcome to us, there will be no obligation for you to respond. We will always tell you why we are asking you and who is undertaking it.
- If you chose to “opt in” or “opt out” of receiving marketing information; your name, contact details and suppression choices.
Who your personal information may be shared with
Personal information that you give to us via our website may be transferred to other people or organisations who may undertake the following services. We have taken steps to ensure that any personal information they handle will be in a manner consistent with the requirements of the DPA and includes;
- Employees of UCAS Media who on a “need to know basis” will handle your personal information to progress your enquiry or provide you with further information including marketing material.
- Any organisation who may undertake surveys or gather your opinion on our behalf if the survey responses are not anonymous and you choose to provide your personal data.
- If we are required to do so by law such as by order of a Court or for the purposes of crime and fraud prevention we may share relevant information with the Police or other authorised Authorities.
- If we ask for your consent in the future to provide your personal information to anyone else.
All about cookies
Other websites you can access from this one
Sharing your information through social media
We wanted you to remind you that any personal information you may choose to share could be accessed by the public worldwide should you choose to share any content of this site, or your personal information by using any of the available social media buttons (e.g. LinkedIn or Twitter). This includes disclosing personal information if you engage in UCAS Media or UCAS social media, such as posting comments on our Facebook or LinkedIn page, sending us a private message or tweeting. We cannot be held responsible for any damaging actions or behaviours which may result following your use of this or any other related subsequent social media activity.
When you engage with UCAS Media or UCAS social media, comments you may post are live as soon as you publish them, we do not check and approve them beforehand. We will remove inappropriate posts – so you know what that means to us, please read our acceptable use guide if you are unsure.
All about marketing and how to stop us contacting you
From time to time we would like to keep you informed about UCAS Media or UCAS products or services. In all cases you will receive this information directly from us so your personal information will not be shared with any organisation outside of UCAS or UCAS Media for the purposes of marketing. You can stop us contacting you at any time – please see the “how to stop us contacting you” section below.
How to stop us contacting you
You can stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. If you no longer wish us to receive marketing information from us, please use one of the ways set out in the contact us section below or complete the contact page within this website.
To ask us to access your personal information, change, delete or stop using it
You have the right under the DPA to request either a copy of your personal information we may hold, to have it corrected, deleted or to ask us to stop using it. To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you please put your request in writing using one of the contact methods set out in the contact us section below. There is a fee of £10 for this service made payable to UCAS Media.
To ask us to change, delete or stop using the personal information we hold about you – please put your request in writing using any of the contact us methods below. We will always consider your request to make changes to your personal information and write back to confirm the action we have taken.
You can contact us about most things in any of the following ways:
By Phone: 01242 544881
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing: UCAS Media, Rosehill, New Barn Lane, Cheltenham, Glos GL52 3LZ; or
The enquiry form within this Website; please complete the on-line form and click to submit