Apprenticeships attracting attention: UCAS' latest media release

Posted: 5 Aug 2021 - 00:00
More than three quarters (78%) of students who are getting their results next week, but do not plan to immediately start a three year full-time undergraduate degree, are interested in starting an apprenticeship.

Next week thousands of students will receive their results and embark on their next step.

We know that 42% of 18 year old's in the UK are currently holding an undergraduate offer, but what do we know about the plans of the remaining 58%?

UCAS has today released important research to understand this cohort more. Key findings include:

  • 78% of this group are interested in apprenticeships, with respondents saying the main attractions are financial income, learning in a different way, and a desire to do something new and different
  • 88% of students are either “fairly committed” or “very committed” to their chosen pathway
  • Only 11% say they received enough careers information, reaffirming findings of our previous Where Next? reports


At UCAS, we’re continuing to support students as they explore all of their post-secondary options. Our apprenticeship platform, Career Finder, presents students with apprenticeship opportunities, and has seen a 37% increase in search in the last 12 months.

The full report can be found here: https://lnkd.in/ef_6ExJx

If you've not used Career Finder yet, try advertising your apprenticeships vacancies for FREE this August - get in touch to find out more!

Related news